Monday, May 24, 2010

News and Notes from The week of 5/24/2010

Morristown NJ,

 The lads have a big week ahead with a friendly today against a local club from East Hanover. With match Day 1 quickly approaching there is much fine tuning to be done and roster decisions to be made.

Clayton speaks out on rumor:

  We caught up with Manager/ Captain Dan Clayton after his game with Sportsfriends FC. He said that he didn't mind the thought of coming up with a line up with the aid of the board. " Listen we all know hat happened last year, I was making decisions based on my gut and really had no time to evaluate the players. If I had recommendation from the board then I could weigh my options, and with the depth we have I think we can make great decisions on our boys and have them preform at their best."

     He also spoke about his expiring loan from Sportfriends FC " My home is with the Morristown 1776 AFC however, if I can help a team while getting game ready myself, I'm going to do it. Sportfriends have really helped me develop my game to a higher level and with their playoff run, im going to help then try to win a title, but if it conflicts with Morristown, then I will stick with Morristown. There are also some tournaments that I might be recalled for, but that's mostly weekends, if I have a nagging injury, I wont put myself at steak to be injured again."

Catizone placed on Reserves:

 Louie Catizone, a large defensive mainstay with the club from 2008 and 2009 has been placed on the reserves due to commitment issues, he has not ruled out a return to the club, but a board member who chose to speak off the record said " He will have to come back with a lot of heart and guns a blazing to be considered to play.

Luithi Day to Day with heel injury:
 Peter Luthi, The projected Match Day 1 Starter has been held out of training all week for precautionary reasons due to a heel contusion he suffered during a pick up match last sunday "he should be ok just rest and ice will do him fine" said Russel Bauer, the lead medical advisor on the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment