Friday, January 23, 2009

Manager Vinton Calls For Commitment To Winning


(Morristown,NJ)- 1776 Manager Ryan Vinton held a press conference today calling on his team to "commit to winning".

The Morristown 1776 AFC has endured a trying few months without a victory. Vinton, who also serves as Chairman of the Board of The Club has raised his firing as manager at several board meeting only to have his resolution shot down by other board members.

"I appreciate the support the board has shown me, myself not withstanding," said Vinton today, "but I think this spring is truly my last shot at managing the club, and I plan on giving it everything I have, I'm f***ing sick and tired of losing, it has to stop now. I can't do it by myself, I need the full dedication of my players."

Vinton went on to outline his plan; The club continues their NJSL season after it's winter recess March 29th with a home match vs Maiwand FC. "I plan on holding spring training leading up to the Maiwand match. The Week of Monday March 23rd will see the team training Mon-Thurs, in an almost double session fashion. The week before will will hold practice Wednesday and Thursday (18th,19th). We will have a friendly Sunday the 22th vs a yet unnamed opponent, and cap off spring training with a dinner at Tavern Off The Green, Fri March 27th."

"This club have been together for a while and it's time we put the tactics into practice on the pitch, I need all my players to commit to this Spring Training Program."

In all Vinton set 8 training sessions in March leading up to the NJSL season; Wed 3/4,Wed 3/11, Wed 3/18,Thurs 3/19 all at 8pm. The Sun 3/22 Friendly, And the week of 3/23-3/26 with training starting at 6pm, sites are TBD.

1 comment:

  1. #21-AS A NEWCOMER TO THE TEAM I FEEL LIKE ITS BEEN A YEAR ALREADY WITH YOU GUYS! I FULLY BACK YOU UP. AS A PLAYER AND TEAM MATE OF THE MT76! I WILL MAKE A COMMITMENT TO BECOMING THE MOST EXPLOSIVE PLAYER THAT I CAN BECOME! AND WILL COMMIT TO THE UPCOMING SPRING TRAINING!

    ReplyDelete