Thursday, February 5, 2009

Clayton Transfer Rumors?

After a few weeks where it looked like the Continetals were getting out of their 0 for 2009 slump, the lads have backpedaled. Rumors out of Continetal camp is that the board wants some changes. This could mean Manager Ryan Vinton's head but a close source to the team that captain Dan Clayton is most unhappy. Supporters close to the end of the game saw Clayton unsportsmanlike blast the ball into two Taco defenders with the game winding down and out of reach, this reporter tried to get a quick word from him after the latest 5-0 trouncing by the Tacos football club; However, we could not get close because he threw and angry fit, throwing watter bottles and punching every wall that was close. We spoke to assistant manager Ryan Deighan to get some idea on what was going on.

" As you can see we took a hard loss tonight. Clayton is one for not losing and he hates, like everyone else losing. Speaking with the medical staff tonight he was playing with blood blisters all on his right foot, he re injured his groin and his gluteus minimus"

" The kids a warror out there, and he was very upset about the loss" Deighan said


This reporter has learned though the board is very upset at the streak of tantrums and injuries he is sustaining and with the transfer window open, many things could happen due to the fact that the New Jersey Rangers u-23 team is looking to pick him up and also cross division rivals Blairstown United from the MCSSA are also exploring interest in the lad.


We finally got a hold of Clayton via satelite and he had this to say about tonight's game and the rumors flying around:


"You damn right I'm upset tonight I'm (expletive) pissed off to tell you the truth, coach Vinton nailed it in the press conference, I take most of that blame because I wear the 'C' and it puts a bulls eye on my back. Right now, I'm very very upset that some guys aren't performing to their potential"


As of the trade rumors what do you have to say about it?

" I really don't know. There's a lot of good teams out there and I'm flattered they may express interest in me but i signed a contract to play for the Continetals, and right now I'm just so (expletive) upset I don't know what to think, we need a change soon thats for sure. As long as im here and can play I'm going to do whatever I can to win. I got alittle banged up but some rest and ice we'll see what happens.


The Continetals Playoff chances are very slim to not in this indoor season, many kinks need to be sorted out before the spring section of the NJSL season begins, will this be the end for Clayton? or are different moves going to be made, time will tell, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment