Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bauer Keen on Chase Speculation

Rumors have been circulating around Continental Park this week of a reunion of Morristown 1776 with former midfield standout David Chase. Though there is no official report, Vice Captain Russ Bauer had nothing but great things to say about the idea.

"I played against him during the 1776 inaugural season while I was captaining EFU and I was impressed with his vision and commanding presence on the pitch. He is the ultimate team player and that essential 'engine room' in a midfield which we sorely lack, the kind of guy who can distribute and build up an attack and drive our boys forward."

"I never had the privilege to play alongside the guy but I relish the idea of partnering up with a player of his class in the midfield."

Bauer thinks that having a player to help in the transition from defense to attack will help the team focus more on tactics and less on the speedy counterattack.

"I feel that playing with someone in the midfield like David would really make me elevate my own game a great degree. I would be able to work harder as a defensive midfielder while he could distribute the ball on the attack."

Indeed, the mouth-watering prospect of a midfield duo of Bauer and Chase seems almost too good to be true. Only time will tell if Morristown 1776 can lure the former Continental back, but it can be certain that players and fans alike will be paying close attention to the next month's headlines.

1 comment:

  1. keen is such an under utilized word in american english.

    ReplyDelete