Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TUESDAY UPDATE: Club Still Searches For Their "Battle Of Trenton"

Gaffer Appears Prepared To Be Stern

(Morristown,NJ)- In a conservation via telephone this morning Continental Manager Dan Clayton said, "A lot of guys might not like me, but i'm trying to coach the right way."

"We have to move to a more defensive mindset, we have a team of midfielders we have to use that to our advantage and have more heart and energy than our opponent."

He went on to say fitness and possession have to improve immediately.

Randao On History

Club Co-Captain and Board Member Ryan "Randao" Deighan said, "Turns out yesterday wasn't our 'Battle of Trenton', but it's coming. The Battle Of Trenton was the turning point in the American Revolution for the underdog Continental Army and occured just before Washington's Men marched to Morristown in late 1776 for which our club is named.

Whenever we do put on a streak of good form and some positive results that will be our 'Crossing of the Deleware and Battle of Trenton'."

Bauer Expects More

In a separate phone call with last weeks' armband wearer, Russell Bauer, the Continental Board Member was quoted, "We have to be more physical!".

Vinton Prepared For Less Playing Time

Reports out of Continenal camp suggest Mark Basso may see "a lot" of time in net this spring. Ryan Vinton, former manager and current goalkeeper returning from a knee operation said...

"I'm definitely rusty out there. I'm really still missing that first step. I'm just a player doing whatever Dan (Clayton) asks me to do for him on the pitch.

My knee feels pretty good, however coming back from a year off has really affected my general fitness."

Pollock Wants To Attack

Mike Pollock, Continental Utilityman and player of just about every outfield position in his now almost year with the Continental lads was asked today, how he felt about playing all those different positions?

"I went to Manager Clayton (during the match Sunday) and asked for a few changes in my position (from defense) to a few in the midfield and a few others and we started having our best offense of the day. Coincidence? I think not."

When asked he he saw himself as a leader with the club, Pollock answered, "I really feel the team is starting to look to me as an emotional leader. I try my best to lead with my firey intensity."

No comments:

Post a Comment