Monday, March 9, 2009

Cheatham Denies Crystal Palace Rumour, Reaffirms Commitment to MT76

(Morristown,NJ)- After almost a month of rabid on again off again speculation concerning The Morristown 1776 AFC midfielder, Mike "Boo Boo" Cheatham and a potential trial with London based Coca-Cola Championship side Crystal Palace FC that seemed to place the wingers Continental spring in question, Cheatham released a statement through the club that seems fit to ensure he will stay with the club until at least the fall.

"After just a short time with MT76 i have made a huge decision that I will not take my game as a joke and that i will put everything i have into the club, so that we make progress as a team. At this time the thought of playing pro hasn't crossed my mind for a minute.

I just want to clear up the news on the Crystal Palace tryout and to let everyone know that it is not my concern as of right now. I will continue to train hard and set my mind on this spring season playing wing for the 1776!

After that i will talk things over with Manager Ryan Vinton and will discuss my future and plans on going pro."

This comes as good news to Continental supporters who feared the rebuilding club might lose one of their most promising new faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment